I have been lax about posting – but here is our last update . . . for a little while.
Sadly, our Italian adventure has come to an end. What a trip it has been!
– In Italy, we have lived in Florence, Venice, Montepulciano, Norcia, Lucca, Lake Como, and Rome.
– In Sicily (they consider themselves Sicilians first), we have lived in San Leone, Siracusa, Cefalu, S’ant Agata di Millitello, Lipari, Salina, and Taormina.
– We re-connected with Frank’s cousins and families all over Sicily.
– We sailed the Aeolian Islands.
– We climbed two volcanoes, the Duomo in Florence, to the roof of the Vatican, the Rocca in Cefalu, the Torre in Lucca, the bell tower on Torcello, and into a cave on Mount Etna.
– We hosted Frank’s son and family in Sicily so they could meet their Sicilian relatives.
– And best of all – we got married!
The Two Fools in Love blog will go on a brief vacation. We have put Carolina Girl in the water and will sail, re-connect with friends, and catch up on house chores, doctor’s appointments, and everyday life. I am continuing my reduced work schedule for now from wherever we happen to be. And I am due for my next round of breast cancer screenings and tests – although I am happy to report that I am now considered a “one-year survivor” – we certainly have fit a lot into my recovery year!
The Two Fools signing off for now –